- How to make a hair mask at home?
- 1. Unsplit those split ends
- 2. For an oily scalp
- 3. For shinier hair
- 4. For dry hair
- 5. For strength, conditioning & growth
- 6. For color or dye-treated hair
- 7. A quick natural hair mask for dry hair
- 8. For healthy scalp and hair
- 9. To repair damaged hair
- 10. For superior hydration
- 11. Honey, banana, and yogurt mask
- 12. Egg and lemon hair mask
- About MyGate
Are you looking to cure dull and damaged hair? Hair masks can help.
A hair mask heals and restores from the inside out, reversing damage caused by processing, coloring, style, and the environment. Unlike conditioners, hair masks function inside the cuticle. Regular use of hair masks improves hair health and shine.
A hair mask has several benefits, depending on the contents and your type of hair. A hair mask can make hair shinier, softer, more moisturized, and minimize breaking and damage. It helps reduce frizz while maintaining a healthy scalp for thicker hair and preventing environmental and product damage.
These hair troubles don’t require a salon visit. DIY hair masks target your most annoying hair conditions and make you feel calm and pampered. Most of these masks include natural components like avocado, olive oil, and eggs found in your kitchen. These hair masks will nourish, hydrate, and improve your hair with perfection.
How to make a hair mask at home?
Ready for some great homemade hair mask ideas? Keep scrolling for tips on making a hair mask at home?
1. Unsplit those split ends
Avocados include nutrients that seal the cuticle, proteins, and vitamins that nourish and soften hair. Applying olive oil will offer additional sheen and smoothness to the damaged hair. An easy DIY hair mask for you.
- ½ an avocado
- ½ cup olive oil
- Combine ingredients in a bowl by mashing them with a fork.
- Apply solely to the split ends.
- After twenty minutes, remove with warm water.
- For an oily scalp.
2. For an oily scalp
Someone with an oily scalp might benefit from adding apple cider vinegar to a mask. It can cleanse the hair by removing pollutants and buildup from the scalp. An awesome DIY hair mask.
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Combine apple cider vinegar with honey. The honey will act as a binding agent to keep the moisture from being stripped from the hair and scalp.
- This blend will be a rinse, so it must be put into a spray bottle and misted onto the hair.
- Leave in for 10 minutes, and rinse with warm water.
Make a hair mask at home for amazing hair that is truly impressive!
3. For shinier hair
DIY hair masks with olive oil.
A concoction made from a combination of coconut and olive oil is one of the best for high gloss shine. Both the oils are natural emollients that keep the hair hydrated to be soft, smooth, and shiny.
- 1/4 cup olive oil combined
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
To make this hair mask at home, mix coconut and olive oil and heat it in a microwave for a few seconds. Massage this warm oil onto the scalp. Leave it on the scalp and hair for 10 minutes with a shower cap, then rinse with warm water. The warm oil acts on the open hair cuticle for deeper penetration through the hair structure and offers maximum benefits.
4. For dry hair
Natural hair mask for dry hair with jojoba seeds and coconut oil.
Jojoba and coconut oils moisturize weakened hair. Coconut oil’s lauric acid penetrates the cuticle and strengthens hair from the inside. Coconut oil eliminates sebum from hair follicles, preventing hair loss. Jojoba oil moisturizes, strengthens hair, and treats dandruff.
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin coconut oil.
- 1 tablespoon jojoba oil.
- Warm the mixture in the microwave for 30 seconds to create a more runny consistency.
- Apply to clean hair from roots to ends, working into the scalp.
- Leave in for up to 20 minutes.
- For strength, conditioning & growth.
5. For strength, conditioning & growth
DIY hair masks using mayo.
This food-based homemade hair mask grows long, healthy hair. Mayonnaise is the key element that contains protein and amino acids to boost hair growth. Mayo adds hydration to hair and prevents frizz.
- 1 avocado
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp organic honey
- 2 cups organic mayo (Regular mayo is fine, but organic is best)
To make this hair mask home, combine the ingredients using a hand-mixer or blender. Remove all chucks, or else washing will be a problem. Apply the mask from root to tip. Cover hair for up to 3 hours. Shampoo and condition normally after rinsing off the mask. When applying a food-based mask, wash twice to remove it. Apply it twice a month.
Homemade hair masks are the best solution to beautiful hair.
6. For color or dye-treated hair
DIY hair masks using eggs for color-treated hair.
Color-treated hair is especially prone to damage, and this homemade hair mask will target even the most severe color-related breakage. It is made with eggs, which offer protein for healthy hair.
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon of any thick conditioner
- 1 oz castor oil
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 oz full-fat milk
- Whisk ingredients together to make this hair mask at home.
- Chill in the fridge overnight and apply in parts to your hair.
- Leave for 20 minutes, then rinse thoroughly.
- A quick natural hair mask for dry hair.
7. A quick natural hair mask for dry hair
This quick DIY natural hair mask for dry hair will rejuvenate dry hair strands in only 10 minutes.
- 2 eggs
- 2 half eggshells of olive oil or other light vegetable oil
- ½ an avocado
- 2 oz purified water
Whisk ingredients together to make this hair mask at home. Apply the mixture to your hair using your hands, allow 10 minutes, and then rinse well.
8. For healthy scalp and hair
DIY hair masks using essential oils.
You may rub this simple blend of organic carrier oils and essential oils into the scalp and hair to stimulate hair follicles. Stimulating follicles promote hair development and nourish hair and scalp. This homemade hair mask may be used as a hair oil to reduce frizz and flyaways.
- 2 tablespoons argan oil
- 1 tablespoon jojoba oil
- 5 drops of rosemary essential oil
- 5 drops of lavender essential oil
- Optional: 2 drops peppermint essential oil
- In a small bowl, combine all ingredients using a spoon.
- Pour into a 1oz container using an eyedropper.
- Apply a few drops of oil to your palms and massage your scalp in a circular motion.
- Apply oil from root to tip.
- Leave on for at least 15 minutes.
- Can be left overnight for deeper therapy.
- Cleanse with shampoo and conditioner.
Keep your hair amazingly smooth with natural hair mask for dry hair.
9. To repair damaged hair
This natural hair mask for dry hair heals dry, brittle hair, restores PH balance, and relieves severe dandruff and product buildup.
- 2 large eggs
- Aloe vera plant stem
- 2 tablespoons castor oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- In a blender, combine two large eggs, the aloe vera stem, and two teaspoons of castor oil.
- Apply on hair from the mid-lengths to the ends for 30 minutes.
- Rinse and dry with a microfiber cloth to reduce frizz and damage.
- For superior hydration.
10. For superior hydration
Natural hair mask for dry hair with coconut oil.
Coconut oil is excellent for hair. In contrast to other natural oils, coconut oil penetrates the cortex (the deepest layer) of the hair, offering more than simply a shining appearance; it hydrates the hair to its core!
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil.
- 2 tablespoons honey .
Mix coconut oil and honey at room temperature before using. Be careful not to burn your scalp! Coat hair from root to tip with the mixture. Rinse well after 20 minutes. Shampoo and condition as usual.
11. Honey, banana, and yogurt mask
This hair mask for dry hair works as bananas are rich in vitamins, potassium, and carbs, which seals moisture and reduces frizz. Yogurt’s lactic acid helps restore dull, damaged hair. Honey hydrates dry hair.
- 1 banana
- 2 tbsp. yogurt
- 1 tbsp. honey
Mix 1 mashed banana, 2 tbsp yogurt, and 1 tbsp honey to make this hair mask at home. Apply this mixture top-to-bottom on wet hair. Cover your hair with a shower cap after tying it up and wait 30 minutes before shampooing. Shampoo and condition normally.
12. Egg and lemon hair mask
Eggs are an excellent source of proteins, vitamins A, D, and E, and fatty acids, all promoting hair shine. This homemade hair mask is perfect for women with oily scalp, since lemon absorbs excess oil and fat. Both ingredients for this hair mask are easily found. It functions as a cleanser and gives luster to dull, lifeless hair.
- 1 large egg
- ½ lemon
To make this hair mask at home, separate the egg white from the yolk and then use the white to make a mask. Add half a lemon to the egg white. Blend until smooth. Apply to wet hair from root to tip, tie your hair up, and put on a shower cap. Allow this mask to stay for 30-45 minutes before rinsing with shampoo and conditioner.
Finally, Masks hydrate and nourish hair. They promote healthy hair and help dry, damaged, curly hair. Some hair masks even encourage scalp health and hair strength.
Give yourself a “WOW” with a natural hair mask for dry hair.
Homemade hair mask – an effective hair treatment minus the side effects!
MyGate is India’s largest software for society management, benefiting thousands of housing societies, developers, society facility managers, and millions of homeowners in every Indian city.