The phrase “Keratin hair treatment” has been popular for a while. Salons no longer market rebonding, or smoothening; people now prefer getting the Keratin treatment. It is viewed as the ideal treatment for frizzy, dry hair that is prone to significant hair loss and breakage.
Even while the Keratin hair treatment process can make hair smooth and manageable, it’s always a good idea to be fully informed before a procedure. In this article, we’ll learn more about Keratin, the various types of Keratin treatments available in India, the price of Keratin hair treatment, and more.
What is Keratin?
The main structural component of hair is Keratin, a family of fibrous proteins. Ninety-one percent of our hair constitutes Keratin. Keratin gives hair strength and lustre, but curly and textured hair has weaker Keratin, which leads to frizz and dryness.
A chemical procedure known as a Keratin hair treatment process coats hair strands with the protein to make them smooth and lustrous. Although there are various types of Keratin treatments available in India, they all fundamentally entail entering the hair follicle and injecting Keratin into the porous regions to remove dryness and strengthen the hair.
Keratin hair treatment process
The Keratin treatment process is very simple and can be applied at home or in the salon. It is advisable to book an appointment with professionals like MyGate Home Services, who have hair experts to perform this service for you so that you can enjoy your smooth and shiny hair. Following is the step-by-step Keratin hair treatment process:
1. Choose the right Keratin solution
This is the most crucial step since a high-quality Keratin solution will stay for a longer period without any side effects. Professional service providers like MyGate Home Services help you select the best Keratin solution depending on hair colour, thickness, and more.
2. Wash your hair
Use an anti-residue shampoo to wash and massage your hair. Repeat the procedure one more time. After that, thoroughly rinse water out of your hair. Simply blow-dry it to remove the water without using any conditioner. Now divide your hair into four to eight sections for easy Keratin solution application.
3. Apply the product
This step is important since it will determine how shiny your hair will be. Apply the selected Keratin solution uniformly to every hair part. Observe the directions printed on the solution box. Use a brush or comb to apply the solution to each region of your hair, from roots to ends. Use a blow dryer to dry your hair after 20 minutes, then use an iron rod to straighten it.
Types Of Keratin treatments available in India
In India, numerous Keratin hair treatments are available, some of which contain less formaldehyde than others, and others include more. Although very little formaldehyde is released during a Keratin treatment, it is nevertheless preferable to use formaldehyde-free procedures. Additionally, although some Keratin treatments help straighten hair, others just reduce frizz and dryness. The following are the different types of Keratin treatments available in India:
- Brazilian blowout: One of Brazil’s first Keratin treatments, invented in 2005. The Brazilian blowout is pricey, but it’s worth it because it smooths the hair cuticle and removes frizz by coating the hair strands in a protein-based protective layer. The effects of the treatment can persist for three to four months.
- Cezanne: It is the most organic and formaldehyde-free Keratin hair treatment. Cezanne is ideal for people with fine hair as it reduces frizz as well as nourishes strands that have been damaged. It is ideal for those with delicate skin and hair.
- Keratin Express: This quick procedure involves applying serum Keratin to the hair follicles and sealing it with a blow dryer. It is perfect for women with curly or wavy hair who want to strengthen and straighten their hair. The Keratin express effect stays up to seven weeks.
- Japzilian Keratin: The Japzilian procedure combines a Brazilian Keratin treatment with a Japanese hair straightening technology to provide results that last around five months longer than other Keratin procedures. The Brazilian treatment is used first to relax curls. Then the Japanese treatment is used to prevent frizz. Coarse strands are twice coated with a Japanese straightening perm as it is brushed through the hair. The hair is then cleansed and given another blow-dry for sleek, fully straight hair that dries by air.
Keratin hair treatment pros and cons
Keratin hair treatment is a chemical hair process. It is not completely safe. It is still superior to other hair processes with poor results and chemicals. Applying the Keratin hair treatment technique has both pros and cons; here are a few of them:
- For people who typically straighten their hair, a Keratin treatment saves time. The procedure can save blow-drying time by about 50%.
- The hair strands are protected from the sun and environmental harm after the Keratin coating.
- Hair strands become more resistant to breakage thanks to Keratin’s ability to thicken and rebond hair.
- Your hair will become silky, lustrous, and sleek by removing frizz and dryness.
- A few Keratin hair treatments are less harmful to your hair than daily heat styling.
- Increased formaldehyde exposure and Over-straightening can cause hair to dry out and become weak, resulting in breakage and hair loss.
- Getting the treatment done a few days before a large occasion is advised to make the hair look natural because the treatment may cause the hair to look unnatural right away. Therefore, include a few days before the event and the treatment, so the treatment can settle down on the hair, and you’d get all the right compliments!
- Absent frizz, hair can rapidly become oily and limp.
- Since the Keratin hair treatment lasts only for six months, it can be a little heavy on the pocket.
- It may result in side effects like greasy hair, fading hair colour, and reduced hair volume.
Keratin treatment cost
Keratin hair treatment price depends on many factors like hair volume, thickness, dryness, colour, length, and more. Depending on these factors and your chosen service provider, Keratin treatment prices in India can cost around ₹6000, excluding follow-up sessions. Keratin hair treatment is a long-term process that involves multiple sessions, so the overall Keratin treatment cost may be high.
Despite being expensive, the Keratin hair treatment technique is worthwhile since it makes hair silky and lustrous and eliminates frizz and dryness. You can book a high-quality Keratin hair treatment at a reasonable cost from experts like MyGate Home Services.
Keratin is most suited for people who have very frizzy, dry, curly, and unruly hair. The Keratin hair treatment process can also be availed by those who find their hair very thick. Once the Keratin solution is applied, it is important to take self-care of hair to increase the Keratin treatment longevity. Use high-quality hair care products that are chemical-free to wash hair. Try using blow dryers and iron rods to keep your hair smooth and straight. Avoid washing your hair for at least three days after the Keratin hair treatment is completed.
When your Keratin treatment has finished its full cycle, giving your hair some time to air out is essential. This is because the treatment does employ chemicals, and repeated applications may harm hair health by making it more prone to breakage. Therefore, schedule a follow-up Keratin hair treatment process at least three to four months following the initial treatment.
You can give yourself a Keratin hair treatment at home, but you shouldn’t expect to get professional results. Professionals like MyGate Home Services can assist you in selecting the best Keratin hair treatment products and apply them to last for a long time.
MyGate is India’s largest society management app, benefiting thousands of housing societies, developers, society facility managers, and millions of homeowners in every Indian city.