- What is deep cleaning in housekeeping?
- Difference between regular cleaning and deep cleaning
- What supplies are needed to deep clean your home?
- A room-by-room checklist for deep cleaning your home
- When should you schedule a deep cleaning?
- Advantages of hiring professional cleaning services
- About MyGate
Even the cleanest houses might benefit from a deep cleaning. The best way to prevent being overwhelmed when thorough house cleaning is to split into smaller jobs. Our deep cleaning checklist starts with six fundamental chores. After that, you may focus on a few room-specific tasks. This whole-home cleaning checklist is helpful before entertaining guests or when daily messes accumulate. You can also use these techniques for spring or fall cleaning.
What is deep cleaning in housekeeping?
Deep cleaning is a thorough cleaning that eliminates visible dirt, bacteria, and germs. The method emphasizes commonly touched surfaces and accessible areas, but it should also involve cleaning less often used areas like a bookcase.
Home deep cleaning services are usually a two-step process. First, those who are cleaning should physically clean surfaces. Then they will use disinfection chemicals to destroy microorganisms. House cleaning is required before disinfection because organic matter and grime can limit the effectiveness of disinfectants.
These types of house deep cleaning services are done to rid a place of germs and viruses that are the reasons for the cold or flu.
Difference between regular cleaning and deep cleaning
Attention to detail is the fundamental difference between routine and deep cleaning. While frequent cleaning is essential for hygiene, deep cleaning goes much beyond the weekly cleaning.
Deep cleaning involves a thorough scrubbing of all surfaces, even hard-to-reach areas. Everything in your house that a stool can reach will be hand-wiped. Aside from the in-depth approach, it promotes general sanitation and livability.
The price difference between regular and intensive cleaning is also notable. Deep cleans are always more costly and take longer.
What supplies are needed to deep clean your home?
Home deep cleaning services need several tools and cleaners. Some essential materials for house cleaning include:
- In a shaker, take some baking soda
- Paintbrushes (for dusting delicate items)
- Soap (liquid or powdered)
- White vinegar
- lint brush (for lampshades and upholstery)
- Microfiber wipes (both multipurpose and glass-only)
- Covered microfiber mop for various surfaces
- Sponge erasers
- All-purpose cleaner
- Scrub pad made of nylon
- Alcohol for rubbing
- Brush with stiff bristles (for shower door tracks, drains, etc.)
- Smear-free window cleaner
- Comb, ceiling fan, microfiber, and squeegee attachments,
- Wood conditioner/cleaner
A room-by-room checklist for deep cleaning your home
To give your house a deep cleaning, follow these procedures.
Regular cleaning services include cleaning and dusting all surfaces. Shower, vanity, mirror, and toilet are taken up under deep cleaning services.
Deep cleaning services are a more comprehensive service. They include:
- Grout scrubber
- Cleaning wastebaskets
- Cleaning fixtures of soap scum and limescale
- Cleaning the baseboards and the door frames thoroughly
- Cleaning inside medicine cabinets and vanities
- Disinfecting handles
- Cleaning the commode’s base
- Shower door, curtain, and crevice cleaning
The cleaning sanitizes and shines your bathroom. That’s because toilet germs include staph bacteria, athlete’s foot, gastrointestinal viruses, and food-borne viruses like E. coli and salmonella.
On a regular cleaning, your cleaner cleans general areas. Organizing, cleaning, and wiping off surfaces are part of deep cleaning services.
It may include:
- Cleaning behind furniture
- Cleaning ceiling fans and lamps
- Rug and upholstery cleaning
- Drapery care
- Individually dusting decorations
- Disinfecting garbage cans and other areas
- Cleaning lamp shades
- Cleaning baseboards, windows, and door frames
- Cleaning vent covers
- Cleaning window sills and tracks
- Wall cleaning
- Vacuuming along the borders of walls and other gaps
- Furniture polishing
You may easily maintain your general areas with weekly cleaning after cleaning your available areas. Unlike the kitchen and bathroom, those areas don’t get as filthy as soon.
The kitchen is also a chaotic environment. Grease and food splatters may smear appliances and cabinetry.
Your weekly cleaning routine probably involves washing down all exposed surfaces and cleaning the floor.
Deep cleaning services may involve the following:
- Upkeep of appliances
- Cleaning inside appliances (oven, fridge, microwave)
- Cleaning the stove hood and filter
- Cleaning the cabinets
- Cleaning grout on backsplashes or countertops
- Cleaning fridge coils
- Small kitchen appliance cleaning and disinfection
- De-cluttering within cabinets and drawers
- Disinfecting switches and knobs
Deep cleaning services remove all grease and food remains. It’s tough to remove those things when they accumulate, so hiring a professional cleaning service makes it more accessible.
Wash the bed skirts, shams, and duvet covers. For goods too large for your machines, take them to a laundromat or dry cleaners. Remember the pillows!
Reverse your mattress. Another option is to rotate your pillow top to avoid grooves from forming from sleeping in one location for an extended period. Vacuum the mattress to refresh it.
Dust neglected window treatments, headboards, and ceiling fans. Vacuum or wash draperies as well.
Vacuum or clean underneath drawers and beds. Focus on corners and baseboards.
Sort goods and get rid of everything you don’t need.
Make sure to rotate seasonal products. You can store winter jackets and bulky sweaters on a shelf or at the back of your closet until next winter.
Dust and vacuum floor. Vacuum any dust that has accumulated behind your shoe rack. Don’t forget to sweep the ceiling’s corners for cobwebs and dust bunnies.
Wipe shelves and drawers. Remove all objects and clean off the area. Replace things in a more organized manner to maintain a neat room.
Clean washing machines and surfaces. Remove the fine dusting of lint from all surfaces in the laundry area using a moist towel.
Discard stray dryer sheets and detergent bottles. Look behind doors and behind cabinets for dryer sheets or lint clusters.
Sort supplies. If your cleaning products are messy, properly arrange them up so you can easily see and reach them.
Sanitize your washer. After each load of laundry, open the washing machine door to let it air out and avoid mold growth. Clean the rubber seal around the machine’s door and inside the dispensers.
Clean your dryer’s lint trap and vent. Remove lint from its trap after every load of laundry, and vacuum the trap and the area where it is kept within the dryer.
Clean the floor after cleaning the rest of the room, vacuum or mop the floor. Be sure to reach the corners and behind the equipment.
When should you schedule a deep cleaning?
Deep cleaning isn’t always necessary. It’s usually a one-time service for a specific purpose. Situations where professional cleaning services are ideal:
- You could plan a deep clean when you relocate. It provides a clean slate in your new house, free of past occupants’ filth and grime.
- It can also be done at your former house when you move out. The new owners have a fresh start.
- When employing a service, some individuals start with a deep clean. You start with a clean house. The professional cleaning services may then maintain the degree of cleanliness created during the deep cleaning.
- You can arrange a deep cleaning before a major party or function. Nobody will detect grease or grime on your baseboards or appliances.
- This service is especially useful in the spring while cleaning your house. It de-clutters and simplifies your home while feeling extra-clean.
Advantages of hiring professional cleaning services
When it comes to serious cleaning, professional cleaning services can help.
- Professional cleaning services know how to deep clean. The cleaners know where to clean and where filth and grime hide. They have the right cleaning products and tools.
- Aside from that, they know how to clean securely. When it comes to baseboards or tiles, they know what works best.
- They can move large appliances and clean behind them since they are trained to do so. It might help you avoid injuries while cleaning.
- Employing a service saves time. It’s a deeper clean; therefore, it takes longer. A service may execute the task fast, allowing you more time.
- You don’t have to spend hours washing grout lines or wiping down individual slats on blinds.
These are standard guidelines for deep cleaning. When hiring professional cleaning services to clean your house thoroughly, make a checklist and crosscheck things with the provider. Mark them as covered and include them in their regular deep cleaning services. It ensures you get the service and cleaning grade you want for the agreed price.
MyGate is India’s largest gated society management app, benefiting thousands of housing societies, developers, society facility managers, and millions of homeowners in every Indian city.