In addition to the terms and conditions of use (“Terms and Conditions”), the following guidelines shall be applicable to users who post on MyGate communities. These guidelines shall be read along with the Terms and Conditions.
MyGate works towards promoting communities that are positive, inclusive and respectful. As a measure to ensure positive interaction between users all users shall ensure compliance with the following guidelines:
- Be a positive and constructive member of the community. This means participating in discussions and activities in a way that is respectful, thoughtful, and helpful to others. Avoiding offensive or hurtful language, personal attacks, or bullying of any kind.
- Keep it appropriate. This means avoiding posting content that is violent, inappropriate for any/all audiences. Contribute to the community by sharing valuable and interesting content relevant to your neighbourhood.
- Do not spam users by over-selling your products and services. This may lead to a ban for misusing the platform.
- Protect personal information. This means respecting the privacy of others, and not sharing their personal information without their permission. It also means being careful about sharing your own personal information, and not posting anything that could compromise your safety or security.
- Follow the law. This means not posting content that violates local, state, or federal laws, such as content that is illegal, defamatory, or infringing on someone’s intellectual property rights.
- Buying/selling firearms, alcohol, tobacco, non-medical or pharmaceutical drugs are also not allowed. MyGate also prohibits the sale of live animals in any form or manner. No one is allowed to coordinate poaching or selling of endangered species or their parts.
- Share only photos and videos that you’ve taken or have the right to share. Remember to post authentic content, and don’t post anything that you’ve copied or collected from the Internet that you don’t have the right to post.
- Be aware of cultural differences. This means being sensitive to the fact that users on the platform may come from different backgrounds, regions, and cultures within India, and may have different perspectives and experiences. It also means being open-minded and respectful of these differences, and avoiding assumptions or stereotypes based on someone’s background.
- Do not post information or content that reflects incorrect information or is meant to mislead any of the other users publicly to mock, ridicule or criticise any other user or MyGate
Violation of the guidelines shall be investigated by MyGate, and MyGate reserves the right to bring any civil or criminal action against any users who has violated any provision of the laws in force through their actions on MyGate communities. MyGate further reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to remove any content that is deemed to be breaching these community guidelines or any applicable laws.
While a user may remove any content posted on the community, MyGate reserves the right to retain a copy of the content to meet any regulatory requirement, without posting the content further.
MyGate further calls upon all users to ensure that the guidelines are followed and to report any concerning content to alert the moderators if you come across any content that violates the guidelines or the law. It also means being responsive and cooperative if you are contacted by the moderators about your own content.
MyGate shall have no responsibility for any content posted on the community by any RWA or user and you agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless MyGate, and its subcontractors, officers, directors, employees, consultants, representatives and agents, from and against any and all claims, damages, obligations, losses, liabilities, costs or expenses (including but not limited to attorneys’ fees and costs) arising directly from any content posted by you on the community.