By Rahul Sarkar
Feature in Focus: Leave at Gate
By Rahul Sarkar
How often do you worry that you’ll miss a delivery when you’re not home? With MyGate, you can now authorise security guards to collect a parcel on your behalf with just one click on your smartphone.
What is Leave at Gate?
Leave at Gate is a MyGate feature that ensures that your parcel is picked up even when you’re not at home. When your parcel reaches the gate of your community, your guard will notify you of its arrival. At this point, you can simply select Leave at Gate, thereby instructing the guard to collect the package. The guard must click a picture of the package and, to ensure that the right parcel is collected, a 6-digit passcode is given to you. When you’re ready to pick up the package, all you need to do is tell the guard your 6-digit code.
Why We Built This Feature
The Indian household today receives more deliveries than ever before. It’s impractical to stay home through the day waiting for delivery, so we built the Leave at Gate feature. Now you can be assured of collecting the parcel on return. This feature avoids the hassle of rescheduling delivery every time you are not available.
How It Works
1. Guard sends an entry approval request to the resident
2. The resident can allow, deny or choose the Leave at Gate option.
3. On choosing the Leave at Gate option, the authorized guard collects the parcel.
4. A 6-digit passcode is immediately generated and sent to the resident.
5. To collect the parcel the resident has to share the code with the guard.
1. Open the MyGate app
2. Click on Quick Links and select ‘Delivery’ under ‘Allow Future Entry’
3. Enter the details of the delivery executive like the entry time and the company name.
4. Tick the option ‘Keep package at gate’
5. The authorized guard then collects the parcel only if the delivery executive agrees.
6. A 6-digit passcode is immediately generated and sent to the resident.
7. To collect the parcel the resident has to share the code with the guard.