Bathroom cleaning is probably not at the top of anyone’s to-do list. We must, however, clean it, as a dirty bathroom and bathroom tiles are home to multiple disease-causing germs. A strong mold layer of dirt may appear on the tiles, if they are not properly cleaned. Therefore, cleaning tiles either on the floor or the walls of your bathroom is crucial and must be done on a regular basis.
How to clean bathroom floor tiles and wall tiles is a question that most people have. You can save a lot of time and work if you learn how to clean bathroom tiles effectively. This article provides a step-by-step guide on cleaning bathroom floors and wall tiles, ways to deal with mold that develops in between tiles, and a few tips on keeping bathroom tiles clean.
Importance of cleaning bathroom tiles
Before we get into the methods for cleaning bathroom tiles, it’s crucial to understand the significance of a clean bathroom and neat bathroom tiles. Cleaning your bathroom on a regular basis may provide you and your family with more than just a clean and odor-free environment.
- Dirty bathroom wall tiles and floor tiles can be dangerous. If there is a mold layer on the tiles, you are more likely to slip and fall. Similar to algae, these black layers in the grout of the tiles are very slippery. They can also result in a sudden fall, which can therefore lead to problems like slip disks, fractures, etc.
- The mold layer on unclean bathroom tiles attracts a number of insects. They can also bring a lot of germs with them, making the bathroom unhealthy for people, especially babies. If you don’t clean the bathroom tiles, the layer of untidy mold will continue to grow, resulting in germs all over the wall tiles too.
- Another issue with dirty bathroom tiles is that they can welcome unwanted guests like bacteria, viruses, and fungi, resulting in serious health problems like Norovirus, Salmonella bacteria, influenza, shigella bacterial diseases, etc. These are highly dangerous diseases that may lead to permanent health problems.
- After a long day at school, college, or work, anyone would love to take a bath or freshen up. A clean and neat bathroom and tiles may instantly lift your spirits, and help you conclude your day on a positive note.
Now, let’s look at different ways to clean bathroom wall tiles and floor tiles, as well as explore the best “How to clean bathroom tiles?” step-by-step guide.
How to clean bathroom tiles?
There are many ways to clean bathroom tiles. However, let us start with the most simple Do It Yourself (DIY) approach, which everyone can easily use at home.
Basic DIY methods
These methods can be used for regular cleaning of bathroom tiles or to remove new mold layers.
- Use Vinegar: Vinegar is a good bathroom tile cleaner and can also be used to remove yellow spots on tiles. A tile-cleaning agent can be made by mixing equal parts of water and white vinegar. After creating the mixture, spray it over the bathroom tiles and use a cloth to wipe the tiles.
- Apply Lemon Juice: As lemon juice is slightly acidic in nature, it works well as a bathroom tile cleaner. Fill a spray bottle halfway with lemon juice and squirt it immediately onto the tile surface, wiping it away with a sponge. Alternately, use a sponge with lemon juice and use it to wipe down the tile. After that, clean the tile with a warm water-soaked cloth.
- Cleaning Products: There are many all-purpose cleaning products available in the market that will efficiently clean your bathroom tiles. The particular application instructions vary for each product. You may generally begin by lightly spraying the bathroom tile with the cleaning spray, and then using a clean cloth to wipe the tiles. Cleaning chemicals that are available in powder form may need to be combined with water before use.
Heavy-duty tile cleaning
This method of cleaning should be used to remove hard stains and mold layers from the bathroom tiles. Unlike the basic DIY method, it should be used once or twice a week.
- Baking Soda: To make an effective tile cleaning solution, combine baking soda, liquid cleaning product, and hydrogen peroxide. Fill a spray bottle halfway with the mixture and spray it on the bathroom tiles. After a few minutes, use a sponge or cloth to wipe the bathroom tiles clean. This process should be used once or twice a week.
- Bleach: A tile-cleaning solution can be made by mixing bleach and water in a 1:3 ratio. You may, for example, combine fifteen tablespoons of water with five tablespoons of bleach. Now, spray the mixture and use it to clean the bathroom tiles. Clean the tiles with a moist cloth dipped in warm water. Even though this is a fantastic tile cleaning procedure, use caution because the bleach might irritate your hands.
- Steam Cleaner: It is a cleaning machine that cleans bathroom tiles using steam. Steam cleaners work just like vacuum cleaners to clean dirt. To use the machine, simply switch it on and push it along the bathroom tiles. The water inside the steam cleaner boils and produces steam, allowing you to clean hard mould layers. As it is a costly cleaning method, look for places to rent a steam cleaner.
Professional bathroom cleaning services
DIY methods can be employed to keep bathroom tiles clean on a regular basis, but everyone should schedule a professional bathroom cleaning service at least once a month to properly clean the bathroom and shine the bathroom tiles. There are various benefits of hiring expert bathroom cleaning service providers, including the following:
- While it may take days to persuade yourself to clean your bathroom tiles, followed by hours of bathroom cleaning, a bathroom cleaning services professional can complete the task in minutes with amazing efficiency, leaving your bathroom tiles shining like new.
- You may ask a random house helper to clean the bathroom, but the issue of security may arise. Professional bathroom cleaning service providers have a full database of verified home helpers, whose details are sent to you while booking. Thus professional bathroom cleaning is both safer and more efficient. To make it safer, you may install the MyGate Apartment Security system that makes sure that only verified helpers enter the residence to clean your bathroom after a thorough security check.
- Bathroom tile cleaning takes a lot of time, which is why professional bathroom cleaning should be utilised. Certified bathroom helpers will clean the bathroom and shine the bathroom tiles, allowing you to work, while they clean the bathroom and shine the bathroom tiles.
- Bathroom cleaning agencies have access to costly cleaning equipment like steam cleaners and tile polishing machines. They can thus help you better clean your bathroom wall and floor tiles.
You can book professional bathroom cleaning services using online websites or applications like UrbanClap, HiCare, and many more. Build the in-app profile in a few clicks and verify details to book bathroom tile cleaning services.
How to clean bathroom wall tiles?
Black molds normally originate at the vertex of the two wall tiles, which is very difficult to reach without a suitable bathroom cleaning process, making it more difficult to clean wall tiles than bathroom floor tiles.
- Use Baking Soda: In a mixing bowl, combine equal parts baking soda and water. For example, three teaspoons of water and three tablespoons of baking soda could be used. Wipe the paste onto the vertices of the wall tiles with a brush. Use a sponge or cloth to apply the paste into the grout, then wipe it away. This will help in cleaning bathroom wall tiles.
- Using Cotton: It can be tough to clean corner tiles with a standard brush or sponge. Instead, dip a cotton ball in the tile cleanser and gently press it into the dirty corner, and then remove the cotton ball after a few minutes. To eliminate any additional unwanted substance, wipe the corner with a cloth. You might also scrub the corner tiles with an old toothbrush to clean them effectively.
One needs to follow no set time interval to clean bathroom tiles. Depending on the tile’s durability, it may only need to be cleaned four times each year or once a month. Keep a watch on your bathroom tile and clean it as soon as soap stains, yellow patches, or other mold layers appear. If you don’t have enough time to clean your bathroom tiles, hire a professional bathroom tile cleaner to do it for you. It’s also safe because only verified helpers are sent. Install the MyGate Apartment Security system to boost security, which ensures that only verified workers enter the house following a rigorous security check to clean your bathroom tiles.
MyGate is India’s largest apartment maintenance software, benefiting thousands of housing societies, developers, society facility managers, and millions of homeowners in every Indian city.